Another round down, another step closer to discovering which villains are the best in the MCU. Let’s check out the results of the Sweet 16 and find out who will make it to the Elite Eight. First up, results!
We Bought a Bracket Sweet 16 Results
Let’s check out the results!
- Loki embarrassed Obadiah Stane with a legitimate shut out — 100% to 0%
- Hela pulled the upset over the Red Skull showcasing true power — 72.2% to 27.8%
- The Purple Man proved super humans own politicians like Alexander Pierce — 72.2% to 27.8%
- Erik Killmonger took Nebula apart, piece by piece — 66.7% to 33.3%
- Thanos showed supremacy over fellow Avengers villain Ultron — 83.3% to 16.7%
- The Winter Soldier put a hit on Ego — 66.7% to 33.3%
- Wilson Fisk edged out the evil Zemo — 55.6% to 44.4%
- The Vulture flew high over The Grandmaster — 66.7% to 33.3%
ELITE EIGHT MATCHUPS!
With our results in, let’s look ahead at the matchups.
In the Stan Lee Final, we’ve got #1 seed Loki (Tom Hiddleston) going up against #3 seed Hela (Cate Blanchett). The battle will determine who truly rules Asgard as the top villain.
In the Steve Ditko Final, we’ve got #1 seed Kilgrave (David Tennant) versus #2 seed Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan). A battle amongst the “Kills” pits two popular actors against each other. Both felt like next-generation villains modeled after Heath Ledger‘s Joker, so the two are rather similar performances.
The Jack Kirby Final pits Thanos (Josh Brolin) against The Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan). We’ve technically seen this play out in the movies, but that doesn’t mean it will go the same way here.
Finally, the Brian Michael Bendis Final puts two Spider-Man and street-level villains up for a brawl. Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin (Vincent D’Onofrio) became a compelling villain in the Netflix world, but the Vulture (Michael Keaton) was one of the most popular villains in recent memory. While this version of Kingpin has not run into the Tom Holland Spider-Man yet, one can’t help but think it would be possible.
With that all set, let’s jump into the voting!